Wednesday, July 30, 2008

For this weeks Love Q

We all know that different people have different perspectives over money. Some are pretty insecure and make it a point to try to account for every penny their partners spend. They insist on a joint account and money to be pooled together.
Then there are others who have this thinking that what is mine is mine and what is yours is yours. In other words, they maintain independent accounts although they may have an understanding of who pays for what.
There are certainly pros and cons to this issue. For instance, if you pool your money together, you are taking steps to save for the future. On the other hand, if you have separate accounts, there is not much pressure to account for money spent which may be better for the relationship as a whole.
For Love Q : let me pose this: Should you have a joint account with your partner? And should you keep tabs on what he or she may be spending on?
>>>It's better to have joint account because it shows the bind between the two but they should be responsible enough to spend money or decide spending on the right things.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Personally, I prefer separate accounts. I don't like to keep tabs on what my partner is spending on and I don't think it's necessary to do that either as long as he is spending responsibly. But I also have friends who insist on joint account with their partners and it works just as well for them. I think it depends on your own perspective on money, I guess.

 
ss_blog_claim=af440d54d1371bc5278fdf374d32467c