Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cheating on your partner - Should you confess?


Nowadays, having extra-marital affairs is not something uncommon. Many people get involved with a third party at some point in their relationship and they would try to hide the affair from their partner.
But then there is always the feeling of guilt. And having two relationships at the same time just isn’t sustainable in the long term. So, if you break off the affair without your partner ever knowing that you have cheated, would you confess at some point?
Telling means hurting someone you care about with the ensuing distrust, grief and insecurity being felt by him or her. You may also lose the person in the process. Not telling means you are lying and not being fair to your partner when you should.

So, for Love Q :

If you have cheated on your partner, would you confess?
>>> this is kinda a very hard Q to answer. But for me if i cheated my partner in any way i prefer to say it coz im the kind of person that can't fight my conscience if i done something wrong, i need to let it out and say it to whoever i done wrong. But cheating is a very BIG NO for me. Why commit in relation if you just want to ruin it by cheating?

But if you are the one being cheated upon, would you prefer your partner to tell or not to tell?
>>> i prefer him to say it to me, it's better that i know the "cheating" and be hurt than being stupid and stay innocent about it. And its a way to work on something or do something about your relation with your partner, it's either to go on or to go out in that relationship.

to all my friends online, go on and have fun, join Love Q.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your point, why committ if you then cheat....

Audrey said...

I agree - the guilt might be too hard to bear by not telling. On the other hand, I think there are also 2 types of people. One that prefers to know if their partner cheated and one who would rather not know. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Dan1658 said...

If I feel the temptation to cheat I look at it this way: If I cheat I may have to tell my partner someday and I couldn't bear to do that.

 
ss_blog_claim=af440d54d1371bc5278fdf374d32467c