Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Is Love Enough?

Many people believe that love is everything in a relationship. We all marry for love expecting that it will see us through the good and bad times. Love gives rise to passion and can make our lives happier.
But in a relationship, we cannot love in isolation. We may have people around us with nothing good to say about our partner. We also cannot survive on love. We need money and the lack of it may lead to quarrels. We certainly cannot expect our partner to change to suit us. We need to accept and even tolerate his character or bad habits. And a host of other issues confront us daily that test the strength of our relationship with our partner.


So, for Love Q #7, tell me this:

Is love alone enough in a relationship?

My answer for this Q is No. Of course love is one of the first and most important thing in relationship or in getting married. But there are a lot of factors to be considered, like the trust and understanding characteristic of each partner for we know we are unique. And for financial matters, its just a material thing that can be found if we will just work for it.

Inviting all my friends here to check others' point of view on tot's mom page. And feel free to answer the Love Q's.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a very wise woman Mae :-)

Trust and tolerance of (at the very least) of the quirks of those we love are critical factors to the success of a partnership.

I understand what you are saying about money - and (apart form my books which I acknowledge as a luxury) I don't really have a lot of time for stuff - but experience leads me to think it isn't that easy. I have seen too many relationships crumble after long-term financial strain that suck the joy and the life-blood out of the relationship.

I think I would put it in the same category as sex - if everything is going fine it isn't important but if there is a problem it can be a deal breaker.

Audrey said...

I have always believe love is not the only thing that matters in a relationship I ask it because I have come across many, especially those younger people, who seem to think that love is everything. Hmmm... influence from all those romantic films, maybe? :)

Amidrin said...

Sorry, I think other wise. Read mine to know why...

 
ss_blog_claim=af440d54d1371bc5278fdf374d32467c